Theoretical and Methodological Laboratory
Work Package 2
March 2020 – February 2024
Work Package 2 aims to set up the theoretical and methodological basis to ensure a truly interdisciplinary work throughout the project and reach common conclusions on the basis of the empirical research carried out under Work Packages 3 to 8. To do so, this WP:
- Provides an overview of the state of the art in relation to narrative production and impact, with a focus on migration and integration narratives.
- Develops a theoretical framework that enables researchers to address the academic objectives of the project.
- Examines the evolution of narratives on migration and integration in contemporary Europe from a historical perspective.
- Fosters the dialogue between the different Work Packages, thus between different disciplinary approaches within the project.
- Ensures the inclusion of the gender perspective throughout the project, from data-gathering and analysis to co-production and dissemination activities.
The Theoretical and Methodological Laboratory is tasked with the production of one theoretical and one historical Working Papers at the beginning of the project. It also includes the BRIDGES Gender Observatory, which sets the Gender Guidelines that ensure the inclusion of this perspective in all project’s activities. Under this WP, three interdisciplinary seminars are organised to discuss key research questions of the project from an interdisciplinary perspective.
26/04/2021 – The H2020 BRIDGES project kicked off its activities with a two-day event on April 21-22, which will be followed by its first interdisciplinary seminar on April 29.